Saturday, May 9, 2009

Antz!

Ugh. We have ants in our house. We saw them when we were looking at the house, but I thought it was no big deal. No one had been living here for a while, so we just needed to put out some ant killer stuff and they'd go away, right? Wrong. I swear they have more lives than a cat. I killed sixteen on the kitchen counter one morning...yes, I counted. That was not a typical morning, but still the longer they are here the more they gross me out!

Kenny got these good little ant traps and we put them around where most of the ants were congregating. I had one on the kitchen counter and it worked really well, so I moved it to my bathroom and it got rid of the ants there. I put it back on the kitchen counter, but it didn't seem to be working at all so I trashed it. We've been here about four weeks. According to the package, those trap things are supposed to work for three months. That's how many ants we have.

Apparently, it's a common problem around here, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it. Kenny spread some ant killer stuff on the lawn with the grass fertilizer and put it up close all around the house so they have to crawl across it to get in. Any other ideas for getting rid of the nasty little creatures are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment